Blue Monday is a sad day, as you probably know. The annual low for humans.
They had an expert on the phone who told about the likely origin of that expression:
America, the slaves on the plantations sang songs at work, and that was called the blues. For them the color had a link with a funeral ritual in Africa, where the people painted their clothes blue for a funeral. That color was indigo, after the plant that they used for it.
and thank you for stopping by, taking an interest in my blog. I am the 'relentless hunter and gatherer of soothing beauty, great and small' behind these pages, which for now means: here you find the stuff that makes me think, that inspires me, that I envy and am passionate about. I would love to see or read your views too, so feel free to comment!
- 38,585 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Follow iforinspirationblog on WordPress.com
NOTE TO SELF
- Out Of The Box | Blue Monday | Explore What Makes You Feel Uncomfortable January 21, 2019
- The School Of Life | Reasons To Remain Single January 21, 2019
- ARCHIVE | 23a Memory Lane January 20, 2019
- Nhu Xuan Hua – Beyond Fashion Photography January 17, 2019
- Home Jewel On Yves Klein Background January 16, 2019