- Today was a lovely day! The sun was out, birds were singing like mad and there was a smell of cut grass right around the corner, where a lady was trimming the beech hedge. At the end of the afternoon I dropped my son off for his second 5 km walk in the Avondvierdaagse (4 nights of walking, resulting in a enviable medal of honor) wearing flip-flops myself, so there was no chance I was talked into coming along 🙂
- Back home I had an hour to myself and what do I do? With the lovely sun out and a deckchair up on the roof terrace waiting? I went online. To have a quick windowshoppingspree. Indoors. (ok it was just an hour and I had caught some sun already) I went straight to my favourite shops, and took in the energizing colours and seductive shapes designed to enjoy: fantasies of luxury. The luxury would be, me being able to dress up and go places, not my usual daytime pastimes.
- I love to go to Selfridges when in London, the thrill shopping experience. Their site is quite adventurous too. I spotted some killer heels and cool rollerskates. Also, and this is what you can expect at Selfridges, a piece by Damien Hirst was on sale: a pink beach towel with the image of a blue butterfly. It is one from his massproduct range of art works, called Soul Love. Nice.
- There’s also a tag ‘windows’ (OOPS, I had a quick look on the site, to check the name of the tag, and nearly, nearly got sucked into their denim special! It was like a magnet and sent my mind racing for options, combinations with my wardrobe. Honestly, one second. I remembered just in time I am writing a post! Concentrate) There is a tag on their site where they show the shop windows, out on Oxford Street. Wonderful worlds of Want.
- From there I went to Liberty’s. I had look around and tried to buy a pair of Nike trainers, made out of Liberty’s trademark flowerprint cotton, covered by an oldskool swoosh. Not available in my size. Fiew.
- On to Harvey Nichols, and thank god there was some boring IT thingy not letting me enter the shop. (They would have a doorman robot on their virtual premisses, would be sooo Nicks).
- Ok what time is it? There’s time left.
- So I went to the shop of the London Design Museum. Packed with great stuff, by artists and designers. Here I came across two vases, foldable, fillable, with an extraordinary stripe pattern on them. Just love them!
- When time was running out I dashed over to Wehkamp to press my face against the window for my wannahave prop for a total sleep inn: a duvet cover with different creative type saying Make love not war. For little Vito. Brilliant. Stay in bed. Another luxury, according to my standards 😉
- http://www.selfridges.com/, http://www.designmuseumshop.com, http://www.harveynichols.com/london, http://www.wehkamp.nl,
and thank you for stopping by, taking an interest in my blog. I am the 'relentless hunter and gatherer of soothing beauty, great and small'
behind these pages, which for now means: here you find the stuff that makes me think, that inspires me, that I envy and am passionate about. I would love to see or read your views too, so feel free to comment!
- 46,318 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Follow iforinspirationblog on WordPress.com
- Turning Point May 27, 2020
- Corona Times | Birds You Suddenly Notice May 25, 2020
- From My Desktop | WHITE PEPPA May 23, 2020
- Boho Chic Desert Near Amsterdam May 20, 2020
- Catching Up On The News | Meteor Strike Caught On Camera May 16, 2020
NOTE TO SELF